Literacy History

When I think about my earliest experience of being literate, I can remember it in detail. My mother has been a pre-k teacher for years, and she started teaching around the same time I started to read. Even if i  had no clue what I was reading she made sure I always had a book in my hand, and eventually I started reading before I even left kindergarten.

I was determined to learn how to read, and my mother was there every step of the way encouraging me and supporting me whether I knew a word or not. What inspire me to want to learn how to read was going to school with my mo  while she was getting her teaching license I was always around books and somehow tried to do the same work she did even though I had no idea  what was happening.

When I began to feel like I was literate, I was in first grade. I got my first chapter book, which was "Junie B. Jones: First grader" and I was in class with people who still couldn't read yet. Nothing in the process of these early stages really frustrated me, but it encouraged me to keep trying my best and be ahead of everyone else.

Now that I am older, literacy is still a big part of my life. I always encourage myself to read a good book every one in a while to prevent myself to being stuck in technology like everyone else. It is important for us to encourage younger children we know to read books and still learn handwriting so they can go above and beyond in this world instead of being addicted to electronics and video game
s, where they wont excel in life.

Comments

  1. That's great that you encourage younger children to read books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junie B. Jones was my favorite book series growing up, read and had them all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Judy B. Jones all the time during library time in grammar school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. I remember reading rainbow. My daughter read Junie B. You guys inspire me with your intentions to take reading to the next level. Not just for yourself but to encourage others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog